Further.Space Accessibility Statement for Pods at Black Knowe
We endeavoured to consider the accessibility of further.space sites and facilities to meet the full range of our visitors’ needs so that everyone can fully enjoy their stay with us at further.space pod holiday sites.
However, this access scheme is a continually evolving project, in which all further.space staff enthusiastically contribute, providing both assistance and further suggestions to improve the services that we offer.
A comprehensive list of our facilities and service provisions can be found below:
- We offer telephone, skype, email and postal correspondence and are also more than happy to accept textphone/Minicom calls through TextDirect and Typetalk.
- Our website has been tested to conform with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- A copy of this access statement is available in large print and via post or email upon request.
- Our staff are always happy to discuss our facilities and your concerns even before a booking is made. Please do not hesitate to ask.
- While most of the site is step free, this is a rural farmland setting and not all areas are accessible, the public areas are illuminated at night.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs are accepted in all areas.
- The main roads throughout the site and public areas are surfaced with gravel in keeping with this rural setting. The car park is covered with gravel, whilst flat paving stones and patio stones feature within the public walkway areas.
- The site is well sign posted throughout, with both word and symbols when possible to improve readability.
- The majority of our pods have drop off parking alongside.
- Parking is permitted on each of our sites however to remain family friendly this is in designated areas.
- We do accept guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs, but please inform us upon booking.
- The majority of our pods are wheelchair accessible to the entry door (this may be via a temporary ramp that is available by prior arrangement). Please be aware there is not sufficient wheelchair turning space within the standard pod.
- Our pods are not designed to accommodate persons who require hoists or those persons that cannot be lifted from a wheelchair to the bedroom areas.
- All pods have showers and not baths, all pods offer en-suite accommodation, however this is not fully wheelchair accessible.
- All pods are heated and level inside with no internal steps but with narrow corridors.
- All pods are fitted with smoke detectors and a fire blanket/extinguisher.
- All pods are non-smoking.
- Please contact email@example.com for detailed plans of the types of pod layout.
- Staff are more than happy to advise on the location of pod and suitability for your requirements on enquiry during booking.
- Each pod has electrical sockets to re-charge electric devices and a fridge available to store chilled medicine in each pod.
- A 24 hour emergency phone number is provided upon arrival should you ever need to contact a member of staff in an emergency. This phone number can also receive text messages.
- Full lists of local care, medical and service providers and rental companies contact details are available in your pod.
- Phone numbers for taxi firms with wheelchair accessible vehicles are available in the information provided in your pod.
- The local Ulsterbus service, Service 171 to Coleraine Train Station runs three bus service options Monday- Friday and two service options on a Saturday. The local bus stop (Moyarget Cottages) is 200 metres right at Black Knowe’s main entrance. To plan your trip please visit: translink.co.uk
- We are looking into ways of increasing the range of disabled and family facilities available.
- Guest feedback and suggestions about accessibility are always warmly received.
Contact Information for further.space pod at Black Knowe Ballycastle.
Address: 77 Moyarget Road, Ballycastle. BT54 6HL
Telephone: 077 590 124 69
We have tried to be as accurate and as thorough as possible when describing our site and facilities in this access statement. If this statement does not answer your particular question or if you require any further information regarding our site facilities please do not hesitate to contact us.